When Was The Last Time...
Take a moment to go through the following questions. It is not a quiz, as it is more meant to get you thinking about how you relate to food, weight and exercise.
- When was the last time you woke up after a good night’s sleep, looked in your closet and simply picked out something to wear without any thought of body image or caloric intake?
- When was the last time you ordered a meal because it is what you really wanted as opposed to thinking you ‘should’. Perhaps, you had too much to eat already in the day and thought, "I already messed up the day, might as well keep on going and start fresh tomorrow."
- When was the last time you looked in the mirror and thought, “I like myself”.
- When was the last time you saw a scale and thought, “I don’t need to weigh myself and/or be dictated by the number on it”?
- When was the last time you recognized you were full and allowed yourself to be full without freaking out?
- When was the last time you truly knew what you looked like?
- When was the last time you trusted your body and its set point instead of feeling betrayed by it?
- When was the last time you went swimming because you wanted to instead of being restricted by how you felt about your body?
- When was the last time you felt your feelings instead of avoiding them?
- When was the last time you exercised because it was healthy for you instead of an attempt to burn calories or make room for more?
- When was the last time you did not buy some sort of diet or low-fat product?
- When was the last time your head was not full of thoughts of food and weight?
- When was the last time you did not feel shameful about who you are or your relationship with food?
- When was the last time you allowed yourself to finally get help...?
You don’t need to have an eating disorder to benefit from treatment. Any distorted eating can be disruptive and unhealthy. I am here to help you work towards developing a healthy and normalized relationship with food, weight, exercise, and ultimately, with yourself.